Frequently Asked Questions about 2 Stroke 2018 With Fuel Injection (EFI) Models. KTM EXC250TPI and EXC300TPI FAQ (Transfer Port Injection ) and Husqvarna TE250i and TE300TPI
1. What are the benefits of new TPI models?
• Automatic setting for altitude and temperature
• The 2 Stroke engine oil mixer,does not need premix fuel anymore, More precise engine performance, improved linear power delivery
• Reduced fuel consumption, There is no waste of fuel from the carburettor
• Simpler use, easier engine start, no change jetting required,The TPI range does not require the fuel and oil mixture
2. Are the Husqvarna TE250i & TE300i EFI (Electronic Fuel Injection) models differ from the model KTM EXC TPI 2018 ?
No, Husqvarna and KTM use the same technology, the same drive engines.
Husqvarna comes standard with a switch to change the injection map, Husqvarna also has a different concept of air filter (Airbox) with which the engine running and feeling remains specific to Husqvarna.
3. Is fuel injection technology (EFI Electronic Fuel Injection) maintenance complicated?
No, new models are still easy to maintain and have the same service interval as well as previous models with carburettor. With the addition of the system Fuel injection on new models, other mechanical components have remained identical as in previous models. So there will be no problems with maintenance and we use very reliable parts in our bikes.
4. Is the risk of fuel system failure increasing?
With the addition of injection system components, the system is definitely something more complex. However, this technology has been tested and tested on the previous 4Stroke models, it proved to be very reliable.
5. Was weight increase compared to carburettor 2017 models?
Yes, weight increase for 3kg result is adding components such as
Fuel pump, oil pump, mixer oil tank, ECU electronic unit The sensors.
6. Will the models with the carburettor be on offer?
Yes, carburetor models will still be produced but in small amount and only for certain markets, KTM XC250, XC300, XC250-W and XC300-W. Also SX models will still come with carburettor.
7. How much is fuel economy savings on injector models?
From the conditions and driving style, the savings are about 30%-40%.
8. What fuel / oil lubrication ratio is used?
The amount of 2t of oil constantly adjusts the computer’s ECU, depending on the engine rev , and the scale itself is constantly changing.
But the average fuel usage is ,oil is 80: 1
9. What is the capacity of the tank for 2 Stroke oil?
700ml, enough for approximately 5 fuel tanks.
10. What is the fuel tank capacity?
Husqvarna has a capacity of 9.25 liters and KTM has a capacity of 9 liters.
11. What are the consequences if the 2t oil tank is completely empty?
The oil tank must always contain oil for 2 tanks of fuel, warning control lamp is activated on a very low oil level in the tank – It needs to be refilled. In this case, the remaining oil in the tank is enough for one full fuel tank. Complete lack of 2 Stroke of oil in the tank It results not to lubricate the engine and then engine failure.
12. Is it possible to use a fuel and oil mixture already prepared?
No, you will lose lubrication of the crankshaft and bearing crankshaft.
13. Do you need a special 2t oil?
No, oils can be used as well as for carburetor models. The oil must be 100% synthetic (class JASO FD) certified, It must also be provided for direct oil systems. Do not use extremely dense 2t Oils exclusively intended for direct mixing of fuels and oils. In such oil types, it is indicated that only PRE MIX oils are present.
14. Are TPI Models Approved?
Yes, they meet EURO 4 standards
15. Husqvarna models are equipped with Magura braking system a
KTM models and Brembo. What is the difference?
The design itself is identical. Brake magnets provide a somewhat different feel of braking.
16. Is it possible to change the ignition map and engine power settings?
There is an alternative map that is named Map Switch and programmed in the ECU engine. This other map is something of lighter features (softer engine characteristics) It is not possible to create your own ignition and injection maps.
Thanks moto-spica.hr for giving us this information.