Press Release – KTM FACTORY EDITION models have been setting performance and technology benchmarks in the hotly-contested arena of motocross and supercross competition since 2012, when the KTM 450 SX-F FACTORY EDITION was first introduced. Now, 11 READY TO RACE models and five AMA Supercross 450SX Championships later, an all-new KTM 450 SX-F FACTORY EDITION and KTM 250 SX-F FACTORY EDITION are ready to hit dealer floors and racetracks across the US, just in time for the gate drop at Anaheim 1 and the kickoff of the 2022 AMA Supercross Championship season.
Equally exclusive with only 400 units being made available, the 2022 KTM 250 SX-F FACTORY EDITION is an elite racer built to the highest specifications. It is the ultimate mid-class machine for anyone looking to dominate their season, at a local or national level. Featuring all-new design and top-shelf componentry across the board, this is the undisputed new class leader.
The 2022 KTM 450 SX-F FACTORY EDITION and KTM 250 SX-F FACTORY EDITION models will only be available in the US only.
READY TO RACE
- New bodywork with specifically tailored ergonomics for easier rider movement
- New hydro-formed chromium molybdenum frame significantly improving anti-squat behavior
- New topology optimized die-cast aluminum swingarm providing optimal rigidity and low weight
- New 250cc DOHC engine providing class-leading torque and peak power
- New 450cc SOHC engine providing class-leading performance and low weight
- New Quickshift feature providing seamless up-shifting without the clutch
- New aluminum-polyamide hybrid subframe construction providing specifically calculated rigidity and advanced durability
- New WP XACT 48 mm front forks with AER technology offer more progressive end-of-stroke damping
- New WP XACT rear shock design with CFD optimized main piston and tool free adjusters
- New multifunctional map switch, which also activates the Quickshifter, Traction- and Launch Control
- New topology optimized, die cast footrests with reduced weight and less chance of dirt build up
- New Red Bull Factory Racing graphics
- Factory Racing CNC-machined triple clamps with adjustable offset [20 – 22 mm]
- Factory wheel set with D.I.D DirtStar rims and orange anodized CNC machined hubs
- New polyamide composite skid plate for advanced protection and durability
- New polyamide composite front brake disc guard for added protection
- Mechanical Factory holeshot device as standard
- Soft, gray ODI lock-on grips
- Factory Selle Dalla Valle high grip seat cover
The hydro-formed, laser-cut and robot-welded frame is expertly crafted. Constructed with specifically calculated parameters of longitudinal and torsional flex, the frame provides exceptional rider feedback, energy absorption and straight-line stability. The frame features brackets for mounting of the all-new designed skid plate, coming stock on the KTM SX-F FACTORY EDITIONs.
Rotating masses in the frame and the forged steering head connection have been repositioned. Together with the new shock mounting, which is no longer connected to the main tube, the anti-squat of the chassis has been significantly improved. Also, the wall thickness of the frame has been optimized to achieve improved reliability and specific rigidity in high stress areas such as the steering head and the shock mounts. Parallel frame mounts (same position on left and right side) improve the chassis flex characteristics while stability characteristics stay unrivalled.
Another highlight of the new frame topology is the inwards moved footrest mounting position, resulting in less susceptible hooking in deep ruts or when scrubbing jumps. The overall size of the all-new footrests has been increased, designed with the help of state-of-the-art computational fluid dynamics technologies. The new one-piece steering head seal allows easier mounting in case of replacement or service and offers improved reliability.
The frame of the KTM SX-F FACTORY EDITIONs is finished off in an orange glossy powder coating and comes standard with frame protectors, featuring a new and improved texture, guaranteeing superior protection, durability, and ultimate grip. On top, a new designed composite skid plate offers superior protection against mud. Mounted with four screws, using the integrated frame brackets, the new skid plate offers superior protection against hard impacts on the frame and engine.
WP XACT FORK
The 48 mm split air fork features a capsulated air spring and pressurized oil chamber for progressive and consistent damping. The oil and air bypasses reduce pressure peaks and in combination with the midvalve damping system, the fork provides exceptional feedback and rider comfort. The setting is easily adjusted via the single air pressure pre-load valve, as well as through easy access click adjusters for compression and rebound. Additionally, the air pump needed to adjust the fork’s air pressure is provided as standard.
CNC MACHINED TRIPLE CLAMP
Made from high-grade aluminum, the CNC-machined Factory Racing triple clamps feature optimally tuned steering stem stiffness, perfect alignment of the fork tubes and precise geometry of the fork clamps to ensure highly responsive and smooth fork action. Maximum gains in handling are provided by simple offset adjustment of 20 mm or 22 mm.
Newly designed, topology optimized bar mounts provide increased grip surface for less handlebar twist at the same weight as the previous generation. Additionally, they allow for both rubber damped and fixed mounting providing customizable handlebar flex.